Make an appointment
By clicking button "Make an appointment", you give your consent to process your personal data.
By clicking button "Send", you give your consent to process your personal data.
Управление делами президента Российской Федерации
143083, Moscow region, Odintsovsky distr., st. Barviha
Send us a mail:
Круглосуточный прием звонков:
Specialized medical programmes
Sports-recreation services and leisure activities
Meal option in “Barviha”
Michail Bulgakov, Russian writer
Konstantin Stanislavsky, Russian theatre director and drama teacher
Mao Tse-tung, Chinese state and political leader
Historical photo of the sanatorium
Yury Gagarin, the first cosmonaut
Leonid Brezhnev, General Secretary of the CPSU Central Commitee
Georgy Zhukov, Marshal of the Soviet Union
Boris Yeltsin, the first President of the Russian Federation
Patriarch Alexis, patriarch of Moscow and All Russia
Dmitry Shostakovich, composer
Gennady Zuganov, leader of the CPSU fraction
Arthur Chilingarov, Russian researcher of the Arctic and Antarctic regions
Nursultan Nazarbayev, the first Kazachstan President
Modern building of the sanatorium
Vladimir Resin, Russian state and political leader
Evgeny Petrosyan, writer-humorist and TV presenter
Svetlana Nemolyaeva, Russian theatre and movie actress
Yunus-Bek Evkurov, leader of the Republic of Ingushetia
Nikita Michalkov, Russian director, actor, play writer and producer
Igor Kostolevsky, theatre and movie actor
Sorry, this entry is only available in Russian.
(Русский) М. Исаковский
(Русский) А. Сурков
(Русский) Г. Фомин
(Русский) С. Михалков
(Русский) С. Маршак
(Русский) C. Маршак
(Русский) М. Котомкин
(Русский) В. Лебедев-Кумач
History of the sanatorium "Barviha" originates from 1930, it was the decision of the Government of the USSR to establish a sanatorium within a medical-sanitary system under the control of the Kremlin, for patients suffering from metabolic and digestion diseases. Sanatorium project was created by architect B. Iofan (author of "the House on the embankment"). A place for the construction of the sanatorium was chosen inside the territory of the preserved forest near Moscow close to Barviha village...
Read , which gave the name to the sanatorium. Construction was ended in 1935. It took nearly two years to organize systematic clinical observation for patients, supplying the sanatorium with the latest for those days physiotherapy equipment. From 1937, the sanatorium fully met the challenges of the sanatorium-and-spa treatment for executives and senior State officials.
During the years of WW2, the hotel was repurposed into a military hospital to treat wounded soldiers and defenders of the capital. The sanatorium worked as a hospital until 1944. February 19, 1944 USSR Council of people's commissars issued a decree which obliged the Chief of the rear of the Red Army T. Khrulev “April 1, 1944, all buildings of the sanatorium "Barviha" must be free”. In the same order to the USSR government national healthcare officials the following commission was issued "To open Clinical Sanatorium "Barviha" from July 1st, 1944 for the contingent attached to the Kremlin's headquarters for 80 beds, including 25 cots.
Then a new phase in the development of the sanatorium had begun. Employees who had come back from evacuation, returned to peaceful work. Operational medical departments and diagnostic rooms started functioning. After repairing works, the first patients and vacationers were sent to the sanatorium. The order of Ministry of health of the USSR dated January 8, 1953 set the profile of the sanatorium: treatment of patients with diseases of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. During this time the Kremlin tried to increase the number of health care facilities, improving quality of diagnostic work, introduced new methods of treatment and diagnostics, carried out research work. Specifically at the sanatorium "Barviha" the impact of some of physiotherapeutic procedures on hypertension was studied. The fluctuation of electrocardiogram data with hypertension heart disease, kymography along with heart diseases, vegetative asymmetries, state of the fundus by photographing it, etc." (from the report of the Chief doctor S.N. Sokolov).
Academic advising and consultations of the patients were carried out by professors S.O. Badylkes and S.N.Sokolov. Since the end of the year 1946, Medical Council of the medical sanitary department of the Kremlin was founded, and since 1948 Institute of main specialists responsible for providing healthcare and general support in the aforementioned medical fields.
During this period (1946-1952) the sanatorium was led by Chief Physician Ivan Sergeevich Mironenko. A skillful organizer, capable doctor and a strong-willed man, he managed to put the work so that the significance and popularity of the sanatorium increased significantly. He formed a team of like-minded professionals: doctors, nurses, and attendants. The core principle of their work was individual approach to patients. This principle is preserved in the present time.
Built in 1935, survivor of the Second World War, definitely, in its architectural design and planning conditions it failed to meet the requirements of those times. It was decided to close the sanatorium for reconstruction. It began in spring 1965. Construction work lasted for three years. Sleeping and medical corps were rebuilt, as well as food unit, gymnasium, premise of technical services. New structures were added such as; swimming pool, detached sauna, sports pavilion, new walking paths were laid out, and generally more space was created for relaxation and recreational purposes. The Sanatorium gradually developed and acquired a new, better, more modern look, well known to all our patients today. However, the work on improvement of material base is not over and continues in different volumes so far. In the early 80’s the 7th building was built, the 4th one was reconstructed, boat station was rebuilt and landscaping of the area around the lake was done.
In 1967 Yevgeny Ivanovich Chazov was appointed the Chief of the fourth main Department, who held this leading position for 20 years. Several innovative approaches to integrated therapy are closely related to the name of Y.I. Chazov, member of the Academy; as well as numerous methods of prevention of various diseases, rehabilitation, continuity of treatment, preventive care and sanatorium-and-Spa institutions. Thanks to his perseverance several unique sanatorium complexes, as well as health resorts were built, sanatorium was re-equipped with modern medical devices. Sponsored by E.I. Chazov the central scientific research laboratory (CSRL) became a creative School of medical staff, involving them in research work, including sanatorium "Barviha". Together with the CSRL, most of the methodical and advisory assistance for the sanatorium was provided by the Chief specialists of the laboratory who were the leading consultants.
From 1972 to 1991 Vasili Nikiforovich Golyakov was the Chief Doctor of the sanatorium. During this period, the sanatorium continued to strengthen its therapeutic and diagnostic possibilities, base offices of functional diagnostics, x-ray unit and clinical laboratory, office of ultrasonic diagnostics was created, as well as the department of hyperbaric oxygenation and intensive therapy. Psychotherapeutic methods as well as acupuncture were used in the treatment of various diseases. During this period, sanatorium "Barviha" occupied the leading position among others sanatorium-and-Spa institutions as per level of care, and usage of the most modern methods of diagnostics and treatment.
In 1980 the team of the sanatorium celebrated its 50th anniversary. Sanatorium was awarded the highest State award - the “Order of the Red Banner of Labour”, later by the decree of the Presidium of Supreme Soviet this achievement was implemented in the name of the sanatorium itself. The title was changed to "Clinical Sanatorium "Barviha" bearing the order of the "Red banner of labour" by the Order of the Supreme Council of May 6, 1983 No. 9250-x.
From 1991 to 2002 Chief Doctor Artsybashev Valentin Vasilyevich headed the sanatorium. Despite the objective difficulties that had arisen in the country and domestic healthcare in 90’s, structural reorganization and reassignment of the team, sanatorium managed to maintain the good traditions of Kremlin medicine and continue to improve medical-diagnostic process.
In 2001 in order to improve the governance structure of the sanatorium, the post of Director was introduced, and Serebryakov Vladimir Gennadievich was appointed to this position. In 2002 the chief physician post was eliminated and Yeroshina Valentina Aleksandrovna, deputy director was assigned to manage medical units of the sanatorium.
From April 2007 Markeev Igor Ivanovich was assigned to the position of the deputy director.
At present time, the degree of advanced medical equipment and medical care in the sanatorium corresponds to the level of a modern multifaceted medical centre. System created in the sanatorium combines sanatorium and resort factors, modern medical facilities and high level of comfort, it doesn’t have any analogues among other sanatorium-and-Spa institutions.
Print out this article